Woo!!!!!!!!!!!! A HUGE thank you to my good friend, Chris James, for nominating me for the Versatile Blogger Award! The rules are that you have to thank the person who nominated you and tell them 7 facts about yourself! Also, you need to pass on this award to 15 other bloggers (see if you made the list below!).
Chris, your 7 facts were hilarious; I’m going to do my best to return the favor and entertain you. While everyone may mistake me for boring simply because I’m bookish, my life is actually pretty ridiculous:
1) I do the sign of the cross whenever I kill a bug. I feel bad about killing them, but they are frankly too vile to let live. If they come in my house, it’s on. I do the sign of the cross as an apology and as an I-hope-you-come-back-as-something-less-disgusting gesture.
2) I’m obsessed with Lucille Ball. Lucille Ball Treasures by Cindy De La Hoz is one of my favorite books. I grew up watching I Love Lucy and am proud to say that I’m A LOT like her (real Lucy and TV Lucy).
3) Speaking of being like Lucy, I’m all about half-baked plans and schemes that always blow up in my face. My first year of college, my friend and I were falling asleep while studying (we had a bio exam the next day). We were in the dining room of our dorm, so I suggested that we get up and move around a little bit. This ultimately turned into shoving, then “fake” hitting, etc. With my luck, I ended up swerving right into her fist. It was a total accident but I took a straight jab to the mouth. I had to go to the infirmary in the wee hours of the morning and had a fat lip for two weeks. Yeah, try explaining that to your study of women and gender professors; I’m sure that they secretly thought that my boyfriend was beating me.
4) While I have a zillion and five cousins that I grew up next door to, I am an only child.
5) Everyone whose wedding I’ve participated in (flower girl, bridesmaid) has gotten divorced. I’m in another one in October, fingers crossed that they make it!
6) As a child, I dressed up in the weirdest Halloween costumes known to man. When I told my parents that I wanted to be things like a ghost-duck or a rainbow-with-a-cloud-and-sun, they facilitated that BS! Instead of saying maybe you should be something more normal, they had a family friend custom make the above. Yes, I was both of those things. No wonder why I ended up a writer.
7) I have a star named after me. It’s one of the best gifts that I’ve ever been given, holla International Star Registry!
A lot of my favorite bloggers have already been awarded the Versatile Blogger Award, so don’t be offended if you’re not on this list! Luckily, there are plenty of fabulous blogs to choose from!
1) 3Rs @JillBarville ”wRiting, Running and Reading” I know, the title of her blog has already got you ready to click. We all know that I love writing and reading, but running? Yeah, not so much. Despite the activity that can’t be named, Jill’s blog is one of my favs.
2) A Writer’s Life @JustinBog Although I’m totally biased because Justin is a fellow German shepherd lover, his blog would totally rock even if he didn’t post those ADORABLE pics of his sheps!
3) Bert Carson @BertCarson You may know him for putting together one of the best Triberr tribes ever, but Bert is a talent in his own right. I love reading his blog because his posts never fail to entertain.
4) Caught in the Dreaming @millism In addition to being my bookish counterpart, Adam is also a writer and editor. He has his hands in a little bit of everything, and his blog posts reflect his myriad projects. Long story short, his blog is a blast to read.
5) In the Writing Groove @writinggroove Ms. Hall should change her name to Dr. Feelgood because her blog is like therapy! Everything about it is positive, honest, funny, and informative. Her posts make me smile and give me something to think about.
6) Tina Boscha @TinaBoscha Tina’s blog is warm and inviting, which is exactly the way her personality is. After reading her posts, I “click away” (I slay myself) feeling like I just read something worthwhile. She’s a damn fine blogger and author (I’m currently reading River in the Sea).
7) Inspiration for Creation @beccajcampbell If you think that you’ve got a lot going on, meet Becca! Still, she always manages to write with a passion that is contagious. She’s an all-around rad chick.
8) Intrigue and Delight @GayleCochrane You will LOVE Gayle! While she is fun, fun, fun, she also has a heart of gold. She’ll definitely let you know what’s up in the romance department!
9) Kat’s Blog @writekatanthony Kat is entertaining, period. It doesn’t matter which subject matter she tackles (writing, pop culture, apps), it’s all good. Plus, she adds -y to words too (“in-between-y”)! #LoveIt
10) Linus and Bubba Books @LB_Books Sharayah is such an amazing person and blogger. This is by far one of my favorite book blogs. In addition to reviews, there are fantastic posts of the bookish persuasion (Beloved Children’s Authors Who Also Wrote Some Other Stuff).
11) Smoky Talks… @SmokyZeidel I love Smoky’s perspective. I find her to be both funny and sharp. I want her to “talk” forever (see what I did there?)!
12) The Bookish Libraria @TheBookishDame She seriously gives me a run for my money in the “bookish” department! As a book lover and women’s rights advocate, she’s a lady after my own heart.
13) The Butter Bottom Blog @bobbutterbottom Who doesn’t love the antics of a stay-at-home dad? He also designs yoga pants! Need I say more?
14) Claude Nougat @claudenougat I’m new to Claude’s blog, but I totally dig it! It’s intellectually stimulating, well written, and fun!
15) Christina Carson @CarsonCanada This is also a blog that I’m fairly new to, but I really like what Christina has to say. Her posts are thought-provoking and serene. Keep it up, Christina!
**The rules say that I have to nominate a specific blogger so I technically can’t give the Versatile Blogger Award to The Ballpoint Revue (@BallpointNews). However, it is such a fantastic blog! Susan and David work so hard to help everyday writers become even better.**
*I don’t think any of you have already been given this, I’m sorry if you have!*